This is the second version of “Dreams of the Rat Race 2 (No Exit)”, a short looping video [15:03] in which I engage with this office space as my memory of my own prior office career… That 20 years always felt like kind of a trap, or like Sartre’s “no exit”… The viewer can be part of this nightmare; as they stand in front of the projection, their shadow becomes included in the memory of that former life…around and around never really getting anywhere… this time, there is a running course marked in the circuit of approximately 330m. The viewer goes ’round and ’round and occasionally, another runners appear in the frame.
More Links and info about Office Party
- “Contemporary art and unexpected encounters of the soiree – ‘Office Sessions III’ and ‘Office Party’ – London” on kelise72.com – 25 November 2014
- Watch the party evolve on the “Office Party” blog (Tumblr)
- Learn more about Office Sessions III on Facebook
- Read more about “Office Sessions III” curator and art director, Caitlin Mavroleon on LinkedIn
- Visit Bloomberg New Contemporaries at the ICA, London – 26 November 2014 through 25 January 2015
Exhibition details: “Office Sessions III” is at Anchorage House, 2 Clove Crescent, E14 2BE (East India on the DLR).
“Office Sessions III” is open to the public on all three floors (4-6) on the following dates:
- 27 November 2014: 6:30 PM – 10:00 PM
- 29 November 2014: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- 30 November 2014: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Please note there is also a performance piece by Kelise Franclemont scheduled on this date from 11AM, “Right to Movement Rat Race (an exercise in subjectivity and space)”, so look out for the marathon runners (and maybe stick around to cheer them on)!
- 5 December 2014: 6:30 PM til late