This small stone was once part of pleasing mathematics in tessellated patterns… a fan, a leaf, a flower. It remained in that belonging for nearly 2000 years until one day, it was dislocated from its home. In this instant, this fragment was transformed from artefact into another kind of ruin. A relic, this souvenir now belongs to no more than a memory, a resurrected existence in minutes and megabytes, and thus has become something much easier to destroy and to forget.
As seen in:
MA Fine Art Postgraduate Summer Show 2015
at Chelsea College of Arts, London
More links and info about the MA Fine Art Summer Show
- Review “Highlights: Chelsea College of Art Postgraduate Summer Show” by Helena Anderson in Candid Magazine – 8 September 2015
“Some artists whose work stood out among the crowd were Kelise Franclemont, whose video, sound, and found object installation ‘a walk through Palestine (collectable, artefact, relic, souvenir)’ raised important questions of historical accuracy, the ethics of tourism, and cultural heritage”
- Live Tweet by Reedah from Mica Gallery – 5 September 2015
- Check out the artists and info on the MA Fine Art 2015 website: mafachelsea.wordpress.com
- Our MA Fine Art 2015 Facebook page has daily updates, news, artist information, and loads of photos!
- View/download our Chelsea MAFA Catalogue 2015 [PDF]
- Read a preview of the MA Fine Art 2015 Summer Show on kelise72.com